Thursday, December 16, 2010

Puerto Plata

We went to Puerto Plata today in our own vehicle (no more rental for us). We didn't venture too far into the city - when we get braver we'll explore the city more.

Stopped by LaSerena (Canadian equivalent would be Wallyworld) and bought a cat scoop for the cat box. Strolled around the store just to see what was there and I think I found the curtains I will get for the diningroom/familyroom.

Bought a string of Christmas lights for the deck. Now we are decorated for Christmas! LOL

Stopped at our favorite furniture store and put a deposit on the loveseat and ottoman we decided on. The ottoman has to be built so it will be a few days but that is okay. It will be nice to get all the lawnchairs and loungers out of the house!

The rain continues. I have never seen so much friggin rain in my life. There are small lakes forming everywhere. But, I keep reminding myself that you don't have to shovel rain and I don't need a heavy jacket. Temperature hasn't been all that fantastic - only about 23 or 24C during the day so it feels cool. Ocean looks mean today - lots of large waves.

Picked up some fence wire today to close in the gates so the dogs can't make a break for freedom anymore. Sure is nice not to have to watch the so closely anymore.

Banana tree has started it's second bunch of bananas! Very cool to watch the tree produce new fruit. I swear if you sat long enough you would see it actually growing! LOL

Off to Cabarete tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment