Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kaylen has arrived!

Kaylen arrived today. We were really excited to have her arrive and spend two weeks with us.

We had a small issue today getting to the airport.

It all started with a five gallon water bottle. I put it in the car. That's when I forgot my purse cause I was already carrying something. Anyway, off we go to the airport with plenty of time to spare. As we are driving, we are commenting on the traffic back up going into Sosua and how GLAD we were that we weren't in the huge line-up.

About two minutes from the airport (you need 35 pesos to get into the airport), I say to Ross, where is my purse....

It didn't go well from there. I had to turn around on the highway and head back home. Now, Ross has a little vibrating vein in the side of his head...he says he's not mad but I can tell he's lying. We are now in the traffice jam. Some guy rear ends a truck in front of us...didn't make the pulsing vein go away....

So, we get through the traffic jam and Ross says to drive the SUV like I stole it...so I did...then he says...don't drive it so hard, I don't want you to blow the motor...so WTH...

Anyway, we get home, get my purse and head to the airport AGAIN! By the time we got to the arrivals (basically the very same place as departures LOL), Kaylen is standing there waiting. But, we couldn't leave yet cause some guy was off buying her a grande cervasa. Naturally, we waited for the beer which arrived with three plastic glasses. We left the airport sipping ice cold cervesa LOL

Stopped at the grocery store (what an annimal act). We lost Ross in the booze aisle LOL

Made it home safe and sound...Kaylen has arrived!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Colleen...stalked you from WWLOR website...I started blogging for the same reason you did...an outlet! I have friends in Sosua...I will be there in early December...there's a planned expat.com meetup. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete