Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ants

Ross and I have been discussing the dramatic amounts of snow that home has been receiving. We only have access to American news (New York/Boston) and are amazed at the amount of snow the northwest states have been receiving. We can't say enough how glad we are that we don't have to shovel snow, wear gloves and boots, and be cold.

That being said, we have our own problems.

1. We are dealing with constant sediment in our pool. Try and try as we might, we just can't seem to get it under control. We have hard water and I think there are large amounts of calcium in our water and I think this is part of our problem.

2. Vines and weeds. Not only do the plants grow quickly, so do the weeds. I pull weeds everyday and they appear to grow in front of my eyes.

and.......

ANTS!

Note to self, when Ross drops food on the floor between the stove and cupboard, pick it up IMMEDIATELY. Before we went to bed last night, Ross commented that there were a couple of ants on the cupboard. Upon further investgation, I found a piece of meat on the floor between the cupboard and stove COVERED in sugar ants. Got out the handy can of toxic bug spray and took care of that problem.

But, our problem didn't end there. When I got up this morning, my countertops were literaly moving. I forgot to put a few crackers away in a plastic bag and the ants were having a feeding frenzy.

Unfortunately, I used up the last of the industrial strength bug spray last night and didn't have any left. Thus, at 8 am I was at the Supermarcado buying the biggest can of spray I could find.

Ants are gone and my kitchen is now spotless and insect free!

And the carport saga continues.....

We have three guys: a business major (from England), a welder (from Saskatchewan) and some Swedish dude who breathes too many paint fumes. All nice guys who are trying...

Ross stands and shakes his head...their construction work will pass however, they argue constantly. Maybe by May they will be done...rotflmaopmp

You can't help but laugh at them. Even they say that they work "Dominican" style...which means VERY slowly. To their credit, they do analyze everything to death and do measure twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment