Wednesday, November 24, 2010

the week of 'lasts'

Well, this is it - the FINAL week.

Totay is -13C (I drove Ross to meet his ride to work this morning.) It is snowing lightly. When it snows lightly in the Okanagan, a shovel isn't required, just a broom. This just means that you can sweep about every 1/2 hour to keep up with the white stuff. We won't discuss moderate or heavy snow.

Shelby has been SO cold he wears his little sweater all day long. He looks incredibly cute but Ross thinks he looks stupid. I think Jack agrees with Ross. What self-respecting dog wears a sweater? Shelby is just smart enough to keep himself fashionable and warm. Nothing wrong with a nice plaid this time of year.

This is going to be the week of lasts...

I have my last meeting with my shrink today. I'm going to tell her that the cold is depressing. My dogs are depressed. The only thing that will cheer my moods is sunshine and palm trees. I don't think that is unreasonable. I will make her agree with me.....LOL

I think I will go and buy the last loaf of bread today, the last bunch of bananas, the last small bag of dog food.

I think today I will dispose of most of our dishes and cooking things...Ross can take me out for dinner for the last week. Well this seems reasonable to me but I don't know how he will feel about that. I have made a special note to eat lots of McDonalds this week. There is something worrying about not having access to the 'special sauce' in the DR. I have heard that you need to go to Santo Domingo to find a McDonalds so I would be having any 'special sauce' soon as SD is about a six hour drive, absolute insantity (3 million people in cars and on motorcyles with out regard to traffic laws...NO THANKS).

We have our last doctor appointment this week, the dogs have their last vet appointment this week, Monday will see the last time I have to drag the garbage can up our horrible driveway.

So, this week I am going to ponder all the things I am going to miss about Canada.

1. kids - of course we are going to miss ALL our kids, and grandkids
2. family - our extended families
3. friends - there are some very special people that we will miss tons - no, we won't miss the friends that are like slinkies
4. special sauce - enough said on this topic

So, I've babbled enough for today....maybe I'll have something exciting to report later in the last week................

No comments:

Post a Comment